Tuesday, February 8, 2011

He’s Always Been Faithful to Me

With the new year starting, returning to work has always been the goal for this year.

The close of last year brought to an end a few things: resigning from CCC, end of Stress Leave, end of the old me. But what would the new year bring?

I had planned to drive over to Queensland and back over the Christmas holidays, and in preparation, bought the Chronicles of Narnia on audio CD to listen to on the way. I didn’t end up driving, but still listened to the CDs; by the end of the Chronicles, I had noticed that Aslan at the beginning of each story, gave the children a list of instructions but then told them to take the adventure that came to them.

I realized that God does the same thing (or rather, Aslan does the same thing that God does). He gives us a list of instructions – on how to live, but then also tells us to take the adventure that comes to us. We are told to trust and obey. Talk about stepping out in faith! And just like God, Aslan is with the children on their adventures; they can always call on him in times of trouble and when they need assistance; their needs are always provided for, and despite their successes or failings along the way, they always accomplish what Aslan told them to do.

I realized that I need to do the same thing. To step out in faith, to trust and obey and to take the adventure that came to me. I know that God has always provided for all my needs in the past, and providing beyond my expectations; so I need to trust that He will continue to provide for me in the future. This part is the hardest!

Not knowing what the future, even tomorrow holds can be daunting. Not knowing if I will get a job this year, if I’m making wise decisions and so on, even if I will get paid next week…

Some friends have been very encouraging, and have helped me remember God’s promises to Himself, and to me with this song by Sara Groves.

sara groves He’s Always Been Faithful

Morning by morning I wake up to find the power and comfort of God’s hand in mine. Season by season I watch Him, amazed, in awe of the mystery of His perfect ways.

All I have need of His hand will provide. He’s always been faithful to me.

I can’t remember a trial or a pain He did not recycle to bring me gain. I can’t remember one single regret in serving God only and trusting His hand.

All I have need of His hand will provide. He’s always been faithful to me.

This is my anthem, this is my song, the theme of the stories I’ve heard for so long. God has been faithful, He will be again. His loving compassion, it knows no end.

All I have need of His hand will provide. He’s always been faithful to me.

No comments: