Thursday, November 13, 2008

Re-Inventing the Backyard & Patio

Now I'm not working, I've been able to invest more time into my hobbies. My hobbies include gardening, scrapbooking, cardmaking, cross-stitch, crocheting and baking.
A friend of mine's 4 year old daughter comes over once a week during school term and we have lots of fun together as we like doing the same things.
Gemma and I have planted a lot of flowers, a couple of citrus trees, sweet peas and normal peas together, but this week she didn't come so I made a small pond for just under $40.
A large plastic tub for under $5 from Bunnings and a couple of water plants for $10 and you've got an instant water feature in your backyard.
I've also been researching the benefits of duckweed this week, and the stuff is amazing!
Check out http://www.duckweed.com.au/ . So off I went to City Farm and made a donation for some duckweed and about 10 tadpoles! I think they're motorbike frogs - well I hope they're motorbike frogs.

Here's a pic of a motorbike frog I found in amongst my sweet peas the other night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u r blog Is very nice